If your bank balance dictates your beauty spending habits, don’t despair. With a modest budget, you can treat yourself with simple “At-Home Care” with great efficiency. Try it and I am sure you will adopt these easy-going tips.
Willing to work for more voluminous Lashes?
Use a cotton bud to apply castor oil on your lashes. Castor oil encourages hair growth. But only apply during day (and remove all eye make-up before applying) as night time application may lead to puffy eyes.
Do It Right!! Mascara is your staple for instant glam. Here’s a “how to” guide to apply your mascara:
- Dip the mascara wand into the tube once and pull out. Don’t dip a second time unless you are going for the second coat.
- If there is excess product on the wand, wipe off at the mouth of the tube. Remember excess product will lead to clumping.
- Start from the roots of the lash in a zig-zag motion and work your way upwards. Lift up with the mascara wand at the tip.
- Usually, a simple application is enough, unless you are going for a dramatic look.
- If there is clumping, remove all the mascara from the wand and comb your lashes with it.
Avoid pumping your mascara wand back and forth into the tube. First, it will get excess product on the wand, which you don’t need. Second, the back and forth motion introduces air in the mascara tube, which can spoil the product.
Do: If you have thick lashes, an eyelash curler is a must, as thick lashes can make your eyelids droop. Curling will open up your eyes instantly.
Don’t: Avoid mascara on your lower lashes if they are too long. You’ll end up with smudges under your eyes.
Do you want to get that lovely plumped-up-skin naturally?
First of all, let see why we have to take care of our skin.
Skin is the largest organ in the human body. It reflects your health and it shows what’s going on inside your body. It’s the only skin you’ll ever get, thus your daily habits mean everything. Eat the right food, drink lots of water and have a good skin regimen.
Let’s start with the daily regimen:
A regular cleansing-toning-moisturizing routine is essential. Use nourishing treatments for some additional skin pampering.
Mix ground almonds, yogurt and dried powdered orange peel. Rub on your face in gentle, circular motions. Wash off. Weekly applications will give you a fresh and youthful skin.
(1) Make a pack of one egg yolk, half a teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of milk powder. Remove after 20 mins with luke-warm water. You could use it once or twice a week.
(2 ) An oatmeal-egg-honey-yogurt mask once or twice a week will work wonders for your skin. Mix three teaspoons oatmeal with white of an egg and one teaspoon each of honey and yogurt. Apply on face, avoiding lips and the area around the eyes. Wash after 20 mins.
If you have oily, pimple-prone skin, mix Fuller’s earth(multani mitti), sandalwood powder and rose water and apply on face. Rinse off once dry. A twice a week application will give you a healthy skin.
Daily Treatment: A great way to keep your skin hydrated and supple is to apply fresh aloevera on your face. Grow some in your house and use as frequently as you like. Remember to do a patch test on your skin before using it on your face to rule out an allergy.
Lips Care: If you have rough lips, you should exfoliate. Make a scrub with Suji (semolina), honey and granulated sugar and gently massage the lips with the mixture. But keep in mind that lips are very sensitive, because they are covered by a very thin membrane. A lip balm is a must for soft, smooth lips. Choose one with SPF. Apply as many times through the day as needed. Moisturizing lips with almond oil every night after removing your lipstick, will help keep them soft.
Nails Care: Using a cuticle oil everyday is a must. Whether you get acrylic nails or gel ones, pamper your nails with oil at least once a day. Vitamin E oil could also do the trick. Never cut your cuticles and remember not to use sharp instruments to clean the underside of your nails. Use a cotton bud instead. Always use an acetone-free remover. A mani-pedi session once a month – not more than twice as it can make your nails brittle – is a good idea. Use a hand and feet cream regularly.
Give your nails a breather from acrylic nails and color every once in a while to avoid discoloration and other reactions to chemicals.
Fake nail tips:-
Acrylic nails may look great, but it’s important to take care of them. Clean the underside of the nails regularly to avoid any infections. Acrylic nails could lead to allergic reactions in some people because of the polymer-based substances in the product, so keep that in mind before you go for them. Also, they should be kept at a safe distance from heat sources like dryers, irons and direct flame.
Do it right for a professional finish. Go for the following tips:-
- Shape your nails properly. If your nails are not shaped right, then there’s a higher chance of chipping. A soft square works for all occasions and is easy to maintain.
- Direct air on the nails will dry the chemicals in the polish and not allow it to set properly. So don’t dry directly under the fan or right in front of the air conditioner.
- Base coat is important as it promotes bonding of the nail paint and protects the nails from pigmentation. Wait for at least a minute after you apply the base coat.
- Dip the nail polish brush in the bottle and while pulling it up, wipe off the excess color from one side of the brush on the mouth of the bottle. Apply a thin smooth first coat.
- Once dry, add on a second coat, which will give you that intense color. Finish with a top coat that will protect the color from chipping and make your nail polish last longer.
There’s nothing bouncier than naturally healthy hair. Here are some tips on how to get there:-
- Regular cleansing and conditioning is a must. Wash your hair but no more than thrice a week.
- Hot oil works wonders. Virgin coconut oil, sesame oil and olive oil are good choices. Apply warm oil on your scalp and hair with cotton and follow up with a gentle scalp massage to stimulate circulation. Keep overnight. Before washing, apply lemon juice on your hair and keep for half an hour. End with a creamy conditioner.
- Protein, spa and deep conditioning treatments are great for bounce and shine. You should alternate between these four therapies — oil, protein, spa, deep conditioning– and get them done at least once a month.
How To Choose Your Shampoo
- Check your hair. If it’s dry, choose a shampoo with more moisturizers. If it falls, choose one to prevent hair fall.
- Add Nutrients. Always make sure you choose a shampoo with Pro-Vitamins, that will strengthen your hair if it is weak, cleansing it from the roots removing excessive dirt and oil.
Condition Your Hair Every time You Wash
You do moisturize your skin, Right!!! So Why not your hair? If shampoo removes dirt, conditioners puts back what shampoo takes away. So make it a must if you want soft and shiny hair.
Give Your Hair The Right Treatment
Everyday your hair gets damaged by pollution, dirt, blow-drying, towel drying, even tying a tight pony-tail. To undo the past damage, it’s important to deep condition your hair once a week with treatment that adds moisture back to the weak dry parts of the hair, thus making it stronger and shinier.
So, with a shampoo, packed with effective ingredients, like pro-vitamins, say goodbye to temporary fixes, and hello to long=lasting healthier and bouncier hair.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for a perfect make-up look:-
- Lose the heavy foundation. A chalky, heavily make-up face just doesn’t work for summer. Go for a sheer, light, well hydrated look.
- Use a primer to help the make-up stay on for longer hours. Use a correction pen for spot concealing.
- Work blush-on your cheeks. A gel-based product will give you a natural fresh look.
- Brush your brows in place. For thin brows, pencil in with a shade lighter than your natural color.
- Curl eyelashes with eyelash curler and apply a single coat of waterproof mascara to open up your eyes.
- Skip the dark eyeliner. Use a bronze eye-shadow to line your upper and lower lids. Use one with a bit of shimmer as it will blend into the skin better.
- Complete the look with sheer creamy lipstick in a neutral shade.
Beauty that lasts does not happen overnight, it takes time. But it does happen !!!!